Saturday 10 September 2011

Grateful for...

...Optimism.

Specifically, my optimisim.  No matter how many roadblocks are thrown in my path, no matter how much it seems that they knock me down, I always manage to get up.  I never fail to get excited about the next course of action.  Never fail to put all my energy into making it work. No matter how often it fails...

That doesn't mean I don't feel the exhaustion and pain of failure.  I often feel so tired that I want to give it all up.

But I don't.

I ought to acknowledge that and be grateful for it.

:o)

2 comments:

  1. Someone asked me a while back whether a positive attitude follows or precedes a positive outcome. Now it seemed like a pretty silly question to me. It's easy to feel positive about something AFTER it has happened. What really counts is being able to stay positive and optimistic when things are just falling in a heap around you. As you say, this doesn't mean you are an eternal ray of sunshine, bouncing around and grinning from ear to ear. It doesn't mean that you don't want to crawl off in a corner and have a good old cry every now and then. It just means that you don't give up - because you still believe good things will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely.
    Kudos to you.
    A negative mindset is all too easy to fall into.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'll be sure to pop over to you too sometime soon :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...